- 1 c
- blanched almonds, finely ground
- 1 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- stick unsalted, softened butter
- 3/4 c
- 3 large
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 c
- pitted ripe cherries, cut into quarters
How to Make Cherry Almond Loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan In one bowl, mix together the flour, ground almonds, salt and baking powder.
- 3In another bowl beat the butter with the sugar at medium speed with a hand or table mixer until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each.
Add the almond extract and mix.
Add 1/2 the flour mixture and mix briefly.
Add the rest of the flour mixture and beat just until you can no longer see any flour.
Add the cherries and stir them through the mixture.
- 4Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center. Cool 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.
8 points per serving