To dress up your cheese danish, mix together 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar and 1 to 1 & 1/2 Tbsp water or milk, until it will pour easily, and drizzle it over danish in any desired design.
For a different flavor, use canned apple pie or cherry filling over the cream cheese filling or leave out cream cheese filling and just use pie filling.
- (2) 8 oz
- cans crescent rolls
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- almond or vanilla extract
- egg, separated
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
How to Make Cheese Danish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- 2Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls and spread in prepared pan, sealing seams with fingers.
- 3Beat together cream cheese, sugar, extract and egg yolk.
- 4Spread over bottom layer of crescent rolls.
- 5Top with remaining package of crescent rolls.
- 6Beat egg white and brush over top of dough.
- 7Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.