- 1 c
- brown sugar, light
- 1 stick
- real butter
- 2 large
- 2 c
- mashed bananas,(aprox 3or4)
- 1 tsp
- real vanilla
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) opt
How to Make Brown Sugar Banana Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg and then spray coat the bread pan and then sprinkle a little flour around inside to coat the bottom and sides.Can also use spray release if available.
- 2Using a mixer on medium setting,cream together sugar and butter.
- 3Add eggs one at a time into mixture,beating well after each on medium speed.
- 4Add the bananas into mixture one at a time,breaking them up as you add them,making sure no strings from skins are on them.
- 5Combine flour,baking powder and salt into creamed mixture now.Slow mixer to medium low speed.
- 6Add nuts if desired at this point.
- 7Pour into bread pan and place into middle of oven.
- 8bake at 350 degrees for approximately an hour. Check to see if done when inserting toothpick into middle it comes out clean after an hour has passed.This is a heavy bread and ovens do vary!
- 9Remove from oven when done and turn out onto wire rack.Let it cool completely.Top will be crusty and cracked.
Makes 1 loaf