BRANDIED APPLE FRITTERS or branntweinapfelpfannkuchen
You can use the apple that your prefer. Use a firm apple.
***As always take extra care when working with grease. I have a large deep fryer with thermostat or I would not make these. Use new/clean grease. Do not use grease used to previously fry meats or spicy foods.
How to Make BRANDIED APPLE FRITTERS or branntweinapfelpfannkuchen
- Peel apples, core and cut into 1/2 inch (round)slices. In a bowl pour brandy and pinch of cinnamon. Add apples, cover and allow to marinate for several hours.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk. Add sugar and milk. Beat.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to the egg mixture.
- Beat egg white until stiff. Fold egg white into batter.
- Dip apple slices into batter to coat. With a fork gently drop into deep fat fryer preheated to 375 degrees. Cook until apple is tender. About 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to plate lined with paper towels.
- Place on serving tray and sprinkle with powdered sugar.