1/4 cunbleached flour, sifted
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cactive sourdough starter
1 cdates, chopped
1 call-bran cereal
1 tspgrated lemon peel
1/4 cvegetable oil
3/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
How to Make Bran Date Bread
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Dust dates with 1 tablespoon flour mixture, then add to the bowl.
- Then add the brown sugar, all bran, and grated lemon peel.
- Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, 2 beaten eggs and 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Add all at once to flour mixture with the sourdough starter, stirring until well moistened.
- Pour into greased or waxpaper lined loaf pan about 9 x 5-inches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes in pan and then remove from pan and cool until cold.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and place in
- Use cream cheese or home made butter on this bread for an out of this world taste.