Braided bread with Sugar and Milk
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 1/3 csifted flour
3 Tbsprose water
1/2 cwarm water (110 degrees f)
How to Make Braided bread with Sugar and Milk
- Mix yeast and warm water, and let sit so that the yeast can react. The yeast should begin to foam.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, rosewater, butter, and egg yolks. Be careful not to let the eggs cook and become solid. (I used regular water as i was out of rose water).
- Mix yeast/water with dry ingredients. When thoroughly incorporated, mix in milk/egg mixture until a dough is formed.
- Knead dough, then cover, and let rise about an hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and form into the desired shape (one or two braided loaves, rolls, etc.). Again, cover and let double in size.
- Bake bread at 350 for about 20 minutes. (If making rolls, you may need to adjust the time.)
- Liberally butter top of loaf.