How to Make Blueberry Buckle
- 1Heat oven to 375F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square metal pan. For a glass pan, turn down the heat to 350F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg. Stir in milk.
- 3In a separate bowl, blend 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the the egg mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- 4Spread batter in pan (batter will be sticky).
- 5In a small mixing bowl, cut together the remaining flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle onto batter.
- 6Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until tests done.