Bill Grainger's Aussie Coconut Bread with Lemon
★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
3/4 clowfat milk
1/2 clemon juice
1 Tbsplemon zest
1 tspvanilla extract
2 cshredded coconut
1/3 cbutter, melted
How to Make Bill Grainger's Aussie Coconut Bread with Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in sugar and coconut.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Stir until just combined.Add in melted butter and stir until just smooth, being careful not to overmix
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing