Best Banana Bread
2eggs - slightly beaten
1 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbutter - softened
3 Tbspsour milk
1 Tbspbaking soda (added to sour milk)
3ripe bananas - mashed
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice (or 1/2 tsp. concentrate)
1 1/2 cflour
1 coptional - chocolate and/or butterscotch chips
How to Make Best Banana Bread
- Beat eggs and sugar until blended. Add butter and beat until light in color.
- Mix in sour milk and baking soda mixture (see note 1 below), and salt.
- Add flour and blend well. (Optional: at this time add up to 1 cup of chips - chocolate or butterscotch, or a combination of the two)
- Bake in greased loaf pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees (or until toothpick in center comes out clean). Remove from oven unto wire rack. When slightly cooled, remove from pan and let sit on wire rack. Maybe frozen for weeks (will still be moist when defrosted).
1. Try to use all butter or only ½ the amount should be margarine.
2. If you don’t have sour milk, use a few drops of vinegar in the milk.
3. The ripeness of the bananas is very important – the darker, the better.