Bang'n Banana Bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 1/2 cflour, sifted
3 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
3 cbananas, mashed (6-8 bananas)
2 Tbsplemon juice
3/4 cshortening, butter flavored
1 1/2 csugar
3/4 cmilk, 2%
1 cchocolate chips (optional)
1 cwalnuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make Bang'n Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans (or prepare muffin cups in muffin pan)
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with rotary beater or fork. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Cream shortening and sugar with electric mixer into banana mix; add eggs and beat thoroughly until well blended.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk into banana mixture.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pans or muffin cups.
- Bake loaf pans for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake muffins for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove and cool on wire rack.