Banana Nut Bread
1 stickbutter, softened
2 largeripe bananas (3 if small-medium)
1 1/2 call purpose flour (red band in the south!)
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cpecans, in pieces, toasted and cooled
1 Tbspcinnamon sugar
How to Make Banana Nut Bread
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to sugar and egg mixture. Beat until mixed.
- Add bananas and vanilla. Beat until mixed.
- Add toasted pecans, stir until blended.
- Place mixture in a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake on middle oven rack at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (55 minutes yields a consistently scrumptious loaf in my oven), or until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
- Wrap/cover bread when completely cool. Freezes well, so make one for today and later!