BANANA BREAD RECIPE-THE BEST ONE
1/2 cbutter or margarine-one stick
3ripe bananas-very ripe is great
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cnuts chopped-pecans or walnuts
How to Make BANANA BREAD RECIPE-THE BEST ONE
- CREAM SUGAR, SALT AND BUTTER OR MARGARINE WITH BEATER
- THEN ADD THE 2 EGGS AND 3 MASHED BANANAS to the above mixture and blend well.
- IN SEPERATE BOWL ADD BAKING SODA PLUS THE FLOUR, SIFT AND MIX.
- ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE CREAMED MIXTURE (OF SUGAR, SALT, BUTTER AND THE BANANA MIXTURE)MIX ALL UNTIL JUST WELL BLENDED THEN ADD THE CHOPPED NUTS.
- TURN INTO A GREASED LOAF PAN AND BAKE FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR AT 325 degrees or til brown. You can stick a toothpick into center and if it comes out clean it is done. Do not overbake and start checking with toothpick as soon as it starts looking brown which will be around an hr. I like to drizzle a little powered sugar frosting over the top while it is still warm, or just spread a little butter over the top instead. I prefer, the drizzle of frosting; however. It is wonderful bread and the best banana bread I have ever eaten. My grandmother clipped it out of the Omaha World Herald newspaper around 1958.