How to Make Banana Bread
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of loaf pan, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 or 9 x 5 x 3 inches.
- Mix sugar and butter in a 2 1/2-quart bowl.
- Stir in eggs until blended.
- Add bananas and water; beat 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the pecans just until moistened; stir in pecans.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 8-inch loaf 1 1/4 hours, 9-inch loaf 55 to 60 minutes; cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.