Bahamian Coconut Bread
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From the Calypso Cafe.
3 cunbleached flour
2 ccoarsely grated fresh coconut
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 Tbspbutter, melted (or oil)
How to Make Bahamian Coconut Bread
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and remaining 3 ingredients.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 1-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in skillet.