Aunt Patsy's Croatian Nut Rolls
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- ground walnuts
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- egg whites
- 1/4 lb
- 1/2 c
- 1 box
- pillsbury hot roll mix
- 5 Tbsp
How to Make Aunt Patsy's Croatian Nut Rolls
- 1FILLING: Combine filling ingredients in a saucepan. Cook and stir until well blended. Do not boil. When hot, remove from heat to get to warm.
- 2DOUGH: make the Hot Roll Mix according to package directions using hot water, soft butter and an egg. Then add 5 tablespoons butter.
- 3Mix the dough using floured hands. Form into a ball. Cover with a bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 5Roll out 1/2 the dough. Add 1/2 the nut filling. Roll dough up into a loaf. Make second loaf. Place on 2 greased cookie sheets. Cover and let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Brush loaves with beaten egg. Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes or until loaves are brown.