Apple Coffee Cake
1/4 call purpose flour
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
2/3 cbutter, room temperature
1/2 csour cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/3 call purpose flour
2/3 tspbaking soda
1 cchopped fresh apple
How to Make Apple Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 inch round cake pan.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into the creamed mixture, and blend well.
- Spoon or pour half of the batter into greased cake pan.
- Sprinkle with the apples and half of the topping mixture
- Top with remaining batter
- Sprinkle remaining topping mixture over top of unbaked cake
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve cake warm.
- For a little variation, try sprinkling about 1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries with the apples