Apple and Raisin Buttermilk Scones
9WW points per scone
- 5 lb
- plain flour
- 8 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 lb
- apples diced small
- 1 lb
- castor sugar (superfine sugar)
- 6 oz
- 2 pt
- buttermilk (best i can tell this would be 5 us cups since a uk pint is 2.27 cups)
How to Make Apple and Raisin Buttermilk Scones
- 1NOTE: Castor sugar is finer that US granulated sugar (regular table sugar),but not as fine as powdered sugar. You can make it by putting regular sugar in a food processor for a few moments.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients together in a very large bowl.
- 3Add eggs, buttermilk, butter and fruit. Lightly knead into a dough-like consistency.
- 4Roll out to 1 inch thickness and cut with a fluted cutter. Bake at 340F for 10-12 minutes.