Amish Cinnamon Bread Alternative
Angela (Grammy) Derby
1 cbutter, softened
2 tspvanilla extract
2 cbuttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
2 tspbaking soda
CINNAMON/SUGAR MIXTURE: MIX IN SEPARATE BOWL.
How to Make Amish Cinnamon Bread Alternative
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease and flour 2 (9X5") loaf pans.
- Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda.
- Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).
- In separate bowl, mix the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide 3/4 of cinnamon mixture, and sprinkle onto the top of the batter in each pan.
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife to create a marble effect. If you like and save some cinnamon/sugar mix to sprinkle on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tester come clean.
- Cool in pan for 15-20 minutes before removing from pan.