Amish Bread starter
How to Make Amish Bread starter
- 1in small bowl dissolve yeast in water let stand 10 minutes
- 2in 2 quart plastic, glass or ceramic container combine flour, sugar and milk, mix thoroughly with fork or whisk.
- 3slowly stir in milk and dissolved yeast mixture. cover loosly let stand at room temp for one day, consider this day one of cycle.
- 4days 2 thru 5 stir with wooden spoon. day 6 add: one cup each, flour, sugar and milk, stir.
- 5days 7 thru 9 stir. day ten add: 1 cup each flour, sugar and milk, stir. you can bake on day ten, I bake on day 11:) this makes four 1 cup starters, you can share or freeze. * see my bread recipe