Abundant Cranberry Bread
2 call purpose flour
1-1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
3/4 corange juice
1 tsporange peel, optional
1-1/2 cfresh cranberries, chopped
1-1/2 craisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, or golden raisins
How to Make Abundant Cranberry Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (2) 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pans.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add beaten egg, orange peel and juice. Stir until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in raisins and cranberries. Spoon into 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pans. (It's best to divide between 2 pans because the bread rises and will spill over the edges).
- Place in the preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the bread begins to pull away from sides of pan and cake tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.