The best Cornbread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cwhite cornmeal mix-not cornbread mix
1 qtbuttermilk (this is approximate)
How to Make The best Cornbread
- preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- put cornmeal mix in large mixing bowl. add mayo and buttermilk. mix well.
- I usually just eyeball my ingredients so you may need more or less buttermilk depending on consistency. It does need to be a little soupy but not watery
- pour into greased iron skillet or baking pan and bake for aprox 45min. or until a golden brown.
- if using an iron skillet, turn it upside down over a plate and lift the skillet off. You may have to use a knife after it has cooled to loosen the bread if your skillet is not well seasoned.