The best Cornbread
- 2 1/2 c
- white cornmeal mix-not cornbread mix
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 qt
- buttermilk (this is approximate)
How to Make The best Cornbread
- 1preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2put cornmeal mix in large mixing bowl. add mayo and buttermilk. mix well.
- 3I usually just eyeball my ingredients so you may need more or less buttermilk depending on consistency. It does need to be a little soupy but not watery
- 4pour into greased iron skillet or baking pan and bake for aprox 45min. or until a golden brown.
- 5if using an iron skillet, turn it upside down over a plate and lift the skillet off. You may have to use a knife after it has cooled to loosen the bread if your skillet is not well seasoned.