Stuffed Italian Bread
1loaf of italian bread
1stick of butter (melted)
1/8cup of olive oil
3tsp. minced onion
3cloves of garlic, grated
1tbsp. dijon mustard
1tbsp. poppy seed
3tsp. chopped parsley (or more if you like)
12oz. grated cheese (white cheddar / monterrey jack
How to Make Stuffed Italian Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.
- Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
- Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it's all worth it. Yes.)
- Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.