Stuffed Italian Bread
- loaf of italian bread
- stick of butter (melted)
- cup of olive oil
- tsp. minced onion
- cloves of garlic, grated
- tbsp. dijon mustard
- tbsp. poppy seed
- tsp. chopped parsley (or more if you like)
- oz. grated cheese (white cheddar / monterrey jack
How to Make Stuffed Italian Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.
- 3Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
- 4Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it's all worth it. Yes.)
- 5Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.