Photo and recipe is my own.
1jiffy cornbread mix
1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
1rounded teaspoon chopped jalapeno rings
1/4cup of sugar
2green onions finely diced
1/2cup roasted red bell pepper in jar, diced
1small can of drained mexicorn or 1/2 large can drained.
·splash of milk just to make thick batter
How to Make SPANISH CORNBREAD
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch pan. I prefer an aluminum pan.
- (ignore the directions on the Jiffy box)
- In a medium mixing bowl put all the ingredients except the milk, gently stirring a few times with a spoon to combine. Don't mix it hard. Add the splash of milk to make a stiff batter, mix with a spoon just until blended, no more.
- Put the batter in the pan and bake at 400 degrees. Cornbread will pull away from the sides in about 25 minutes. If in doubt, you can always test with a toothpick.
- Tip: Be sure to use two large eggs so it doesn't crumble. Enjoy!