Photo and recipe is my own.
- jiffy cornbread mix
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- rounded teaspoon chopped jalapeno rings
- cup of sugar
- green onions finely diced
- cup roasted red bell pepper in jar, diced
- small can of drained mexicorn or 1/2 large can drained.
- large eggs
- splash of milk just to make thick batter
How to Make SPANISH CORNBREAD
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease an 8 inch pan. I prefer an aluminum pan.
- 3(ignore the directions on the Jiffy box)
- 4In a medium mixing bowl put all the ingredients except the milk, gently stirring a few times with a spoon to combine. Don't mix it hard. Add the splash of milk to make a stiff batter, mix with a spoon just until blended, no more.
- 5Put the batter in the pan and bake at 400 degrees. Cornbread will pull away from the sides in about 25 minutes. If in doubt, you can always test with a toothpick.
- 6Tip: Be sure to use two large eggs so it doesn't crumble. Enjoy!