How to Make Sourdough-like Beer Bread (french type)
- 1In large bowl combine 2 c. flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- 2In saucepan heat to 120-130 degrees the water, beer and oil.
- 3Add to flour mixture and beat till all lumps are gone. Now add flour.
- 4Make a soft dough. Knead on floured surface till smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl and cover. Let rise in warm place until light and doubled, about 1 hr. Divide into 2 parts.
- 5On lightly floured surface, roll or pat dough to a 7 x 11 rectangle. Start with longer side, roll up tightly pressing dough into roll with each turn. Pinch edges and ends to seal. Place seam-side down on greased cookie sheet (jelly roll pan). Let rise to light & double, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.