Smoked Samon and cream cheese empanadas
Note: you can use the cream cheese with chives if you don't want the green onions I have done both.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese
- 1 pkg
- salmon, smoked
- green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- enough oil for deep fat frying
- 3 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
- cold butter diced
- egg's beaten
How to Make Smoked Samon and cream cheese empanadas
- 1To Make Empanada dough: To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- 2Beat 2 of the eggs with 2 tbsp water, add to the bowl, and stir until the dough holds together.
- 3Make a thick disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, smoked Samon,Green onions, garlic. cover let set out till ready to use or you could put in frig. If You put it in the frig you will want to bring it out 10 to 15 min before you assemble the empanada's
- 5Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/16 in (2mm). Cut out 24 rounds with a 3½ in (9cm) round cookie cutter. Fill each with a spoonful of the filling. Brush the edges with water, fold over, and press the edges closed with a fork.
- 6when all empanada's are a filled then you can fry them two to three at a time till golden brown. serve hot or cold.
- 7Note: If you don't want to deep fat fry the empanada's then you can bake them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the empanadas on an oiled baking sheet, beat another egg and brush with the egg. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.