Slow Cooker Focaccia
How to Make Slow Cooker Focaccia
- Line slow cooker with parchment paper, covering the bottom and up the sides about 3 inches. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt and Italian seasoning.
- In a 1 cup measure, combine warm milk and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir together until dough is completely mixed - it will be sticky.
- Turn out into the slow cooker and spread out evenly in the bottom.
- Cover with lid - DO NOT TURN ON SLOW COOKER - and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- After the dough has risen, brush top with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Use a sharp knife and make a few slits in the dough, about 1/2 inch deep.
- Place a towel over the top of the slow cooker, place lid on top of the towel and turn cooker on to high.
- Cook 2 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on rack to cool.
- Note: To brown the top, place under a broiler for a few minutes, watching closely so it doesn't burn.