Savory Sweet Potato Bread
3/4 call-purpose flour
3/4 cwhole wheat flour
1 Tbspminced onion
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 csweet potatoes, uncooked, peeled and shredded (about 2 medium)
1/3 cvegetable oil
How to Make Savory Sweet Potato Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of an 8-inch round baking pan.
- Combine both flours, onion, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture; stir until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake bread until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Plan pan on wire rack to cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve warm!
- Hint...since you only need 1 tablespoon of minced onion in this recipe, you can mince the whole onion and freeze portions up to 3 months to use later!