- 2 Tbsp.
- vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups
- all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- colemann's dry mustard powder
- 1-1/2 tsp.
- 1 tsp.
- baking powder
- 1 tsp.
- baking soda
- 1 pkg
- instant dry yeast
- 2 large
- 12 oz. can beer ( i use budweiser)
- 1 cup
- shredded sharp cheddar
- 1-1/4 tsp.
- dried thyme or oregano see note: below for step #2
- 1/4 cup
- butter, melted
How to Make Savory Quick Bread! To Die for!
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- 2Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a whisk to combine well.
NOTE: you may use any dried spices of your choice. Dill, Basil Italian Blend or Rosemarie Blend. Also cheeses of your choice.
- 3In a separate bowl. combine eggs, oil and beer. Beat with a whisk or fork to incorporate the eggs. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just to combine. Do not over blend.
- 4Pour the dough into your prepared Loaf pan. Smooth out the top and pour over the melted butter.
Bake for 45 minutes
- 5Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
It sliced better if you can wait at least 10 minutes. :-)