Salty Black Pepper Focaccia Bread
This is a great recipe for sammies or bread sticks, the more black pepper you add, the more flavorful and heated it becomes.
3 call purpose flour
2 tspsea salt
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
2 Tbsppowdered milk
2-3 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspolive oil
1 c80º water
2 tspactive dry yeast
·**coarse sea salt
How to Make Salty Black Pepper Focaccia Bread
- Add water in a 2 c measuring cup, add yeast and sugar and stir to mix well. Let sit while mixing together other ingredients.
- In a bowl mix together flour, salt, pepper, and powdered milk. Stir to combine.
- Put 2 tbsp. of olive oil into bottom of bread pan. Once yeast/water has expanded a bit, add to bread pan. Then add dry ingredients in bread pan.
- Place Bread Machine on DOUGH ONLY cycle. After a couple minutes check mixture and using a rubber spatula run it around the side of the bread pan to remove any flour mixture stuck on sides.
- You can use a 11x13 baking dish or a 13x15 one, only difference will be the thickness of the baked bread. I like 13x15 for bread sticks and sammies. GENEROUSLY grease the bottom of the pan with olive oil, to the point of have oil laying on the bottom of the dish. The more oil, the better the crust. I place mine inside my oven with the oven light on to "warm" my baking pan, I use a pyrex glass baking dish.
- Once dough has completed the kneading, resting, and rising cycle, remove and spread out by hand in greased baking dish. Cover with a dry dish towel and place back in unheated oven or any warm dry place until doubled in size.
- Remove dish towel and spray top of bread with non stick spray and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake in preheated 400º oven for 22 min. Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve. If you find it is trying to stick to baking dish, run a metal spatula under the bread. I like to flip my bread over and have the nice oily, crusty side on top.