It CAN be made in a bread machine as well.
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning ( i love the kind that come in grinders, so delish)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
How to Make Rosemary Bread
- 1Start by proofing the yeast in 1 cup WARM water for about 5 minutes. Then in standing mixer bowl (or large bowl)add one cup of the flour, the sugar, salt, and oil and mix on pretty high speed until it was a thick creamy batter (looking almost like pancake batter), 3-4 minutes or so.
- 2Then switch attachments to the bread hook and begin adding flour gradually, along with the herbs and pepper. Knead just until all dough pulls away from the bowl, then finish kneading by hand (about 5 minutes or so).
- 3Let this rise in a greased bowl for one hour, then punch down. I form it into an oval loaf, placing it on pizza stone (or jelly-roll pan) and let rise another hour. I brush with olive oil and sprinkle with dried rosemary, Italian Seasoning, and coarse sea salt before baking.
- 4Baked about 20 minutes at 375° then turn the heat up to 425° for about 10 more minutes.