Quick Skillet Bread
How to Make Quick Skillet Bread
- 1In a heavy 12 inch skillet (prefer non stick) heat 1 tablespoon of your fat.
- 2Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- 3Quickly stir in buttermilk until just moistened.
- 4Place batter into the melted fat, spreading batter across pan.
- 5Place lid onto skillet.
- 6Cook bread, covered, over low to med heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- 7Lift one side of the bread gently, with large turner, and flip. But add remaining Tbls. of oil to skillet before the flip.
- 8This is when you add your toppings if desired!
- 9Continue to cook other side for 10-12 minutes,
- 10Cut into wedges and serve.