Quick Skillet Bread
How to Make Quick Skillet Bread
- In a heavy 12 inch skillet (prefer non stick) heat 1 tablespoon of your fat.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- Quickly stir in buttermilk until just moistened.
- Place batter into the melted fat, spreading batter across pan.
- Place lid onto skillet.
- Cook bread, covered, over low to med heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Lift one side of the bread gently, with large turner, and flip. But add remaining Tbls. of oil to skillet before the flip.
- This is when you add your toppings if desired!
- Continue to cook other side for 10-12 minutes,
- Cut into wedges and serve.