Quiche Lorraine Scones
- 2 c
- + 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp
- 8 Tbsp
- cold butter, diced
- 1/2 c
- 4 oz
- swiss cheese, diced
- green onions, thinly sliced
- strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
How to Make Quiche Lorraine Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2Prepare the bacon, onion and cheese. Toss these ingredients together with 1 teaspoon flour; set aside.
- 3In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cayenne, nutmeg and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the butter is pea-size. With a fork, lightly beat the eggs and half-and-half and add to the flour mixture. Add the bacon, onion and cheese mixture. Using a wooden spoon, fold mixture until it begins to come together.
- 4Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead gently for less than one minute. Pat dough to ¾ to 1-inch thick and cut using 3-inch biscuit cutter (for large scones) or cut into squares or triangles. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with the egg wash.
- 5Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.