Pepperoni & Cheese Appetizer Bread
2 1/4 cwarm water (105-115f)
2 pkgfleischmann's active dry yeast
1 Tbspmargarine, softened
6 1/2 call purpose flour (about)
18 slicethin sliced provolone
1 1/2 csliced/chopped pepperoni
How to Make Pepperoni & Cheese Appetizer Bread
- Measure warm water into large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add sugar, salt, margarine and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turn to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm draft-free place, until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into three pieces. Roll each piece to a 12x8-inch rectangle. Place 6 slices provolone and 1/2 cup pepperoni on each rectangle. Roll up from long side as for jelly roll; seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Slash tops; brush loaves with egg. Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers, reheat to serve.
- Goes great with tomato sauce or olive oil for dipping.