★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 cmilk/butter milk
2 cself-rising buttermilk corn meal
How to Make onion cornbread
- I take 2 cups(maybe a little more) of cornbread In a medium bowl at this time I like to add my egg and stir it in the cornmeal at this time ( I dump in what I know by eyeballing it)
- then I take whatever kind of mike I am using and pour it in to make a very loose batter
- then take take onions and work into batter.
- pour into a HOT cast iron skillet (425*) I put my in oven as it heats I am working on cornmeal and they are both ready about the same time. pour into HOT skillet and cook 35 to 40 minutes.
- so good it will make you want to slap your mother down! that's a funny y'all I don't really measure things I just dump what I know I need. Some people have to use a recipe where others can just dump in what they know to be right Enjoy