★★★★★ 1 vote5
1pkg. active dry yeast
3 1/4 call purpose flour
2 Tbspmelted butter
1/2 ccoarsly chopped onion
1 tsppaprika, sweet mild
How to Make Onion Bread
- In large bowl, put one cup of very warm water (105 to 115) Sprinkle dry yeast into water and stir until dissolved.
- Add sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt to water. Let sit a few minutes to proof.
- When yeast water mixture has proofed add 2 cups of flour and mix then beat well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup more flour.
- Turn out on floured board and knead until smooth and satiny, adding remaining flour as needed.
- Put in greased bowl, turn once, cover and let rise until doubled about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide into 2 equal pieces.
- Pat each half into 2 greased 8 inch round cake pan or 2 8 inch square pans.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle onion on top.
- Press onion into dough with fingertips so surface looks dented.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Let rise until doubled about 45 minutes
- Bake in preheated 450 oven for about 20 minutes
- Serve warm cut into wedges or strips