One-Rise Monkey bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- dill weed, if desired( my family prefered italian seasoning)
- 3 to 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour or unbleached
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- very warm water(120 -130 degrees f.)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine,softened
- 1/3 c
- butter or margarine,melted
How to Make One-Rise Monkey bread
- 1Using solid shortening or margarine(not oil), grease 12 cup fluted pan.Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice(my family prefered Italian seasoning)(Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup;level off)In large bowl,blend 1 1/2 cups flour and next 6 ingredients.Beat 3 minutes at medium speed.By had stir in remaining 1 1/2 to 2 cups flour.
- 2On floured surface,knead until smooth, about 1 minute.Press or roll to 15x12 inch rectangle.Using pastry wheel or sharp knife,cut dough into diamond shaped pieces by cutting into 1 1/2 to 2 inch strips diagonally across dough.
- 3In shallow pan,melt butter. Dip each piece into melted butter and layer in prepared pan,overlapping pieces.Sprinkle each layer with 1/2 teaspoon dill weed.(or Italian seasoning)
- 4Cover;let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size.45 to 60 minutes.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Bake 20 to 25 minutes until deep golden brown. Cool upright in pan 2 minutes;turn onto serving plate. Serve warm.Makes 10 inch pull apart loaf.