Olive Garden Breadsticks
1 3/4 cwarm water (100 degrees f.)
1 Tbspactive dry yeast (it was less than 2 packets)
4 1/4 call-purpose flour
2 Tbspunsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 tspsalt
3 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
1/4 tspfine sea salt
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspdried oregano, crushed in between fingers
How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment.
- Place 1/4 cup warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix in yeast and sugar and allow to stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Stir in the flour, 2 tablespoons room temp. butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 cup warm water. With the paddle attachment, mix on medium until the dough comes together, adding additional water 1-2 tablespoons at a time.
- Switch from the paddle attachment to the dough hook and mix for 4 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into 16 pieces. I found it easiest to do this by separating the dough in half, halving it again, and again, etc. until I had 16 pieces. They were more even that way.
- Roll them into logs about 7 inches long. Place them on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart and cover with a towel.
- Allow them to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fine sea salt, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush each breadstick with half of the melted butter and sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture on the breadsticks.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Brush each breadstick again with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.