2 cplus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
2/3 ccanola oil
1 cdry white wine
1 1/2 cpitted green olives, lightly floured
1 1/2 cham, cubed
6 ozgruyere cheese
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
How to Make Olive Bread
- Drain the olives of any brine and then toss them with 2 tablespoons of flour to lightly coat them. Set aside.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder. Add the eggs and, using a wooden spoon, mix into a stiff dough. Stir in the oil and the wine and keep stirring until smooth, or as smooth as you can get it with a couple of minutes of mixing. (You could use a hand held mixer or a stand mixer to do the mixing for you). Stir in the floured olives, the ham, the cheese, and the pepper. You shouldn't need to add salt, because the ham, cheese and olives all contribute enough salty taste.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick 12 inch loaf pan (or a greased Pyrex loaf pan) and bake at 350° for 55 minutes to one hour,or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting to insure clean slices. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- To serve the bread, let it cool completely, then cut it into one inch cubes for bite-sized enjoyment. Delicious and easy.