Native American Frybread
This can be used for breakfast with honey or as a main dish with taco topping--whole beans recommened.
Spices can be added to the dough...so don't forget to play with your food.
How to Make Native American Frybread
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Combine milk and water in a separate cup.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir with a fork to mix well. You will have a soft dough.
- Flour your countertop well with the remaining ¼ cup flour and coat your hands, too.Shape the dough into a cylinder and cut into 4 pieces.
- Pat each piece out into a circle about ⅓” thick (1 cm) and 6″ across.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F and fry breads one at a time, for about 2 minutes on each side.