3 chomemade cornbread
1 pkgpepperidge farm stuffing mix
1 1/2 cdiced celery
1 1/2-2 cdiced onion
4-5 mediumhard boiled eggs grated
4-5 cturkey broth
3 Tbsprubbed sage (can use more or less according to taste)
1/2 stickbutter or margerine
·salt and pepper to taste about a tsp salt and a tbs pepper
How to Make My Grandmother's Cornbread Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degee.
- Make cornbread. I use my Mom's recipe, you can make it the day before. Take half of cake and crumble into a large bowl. You can freeze the other half for another making later.
- Simmer celery and onion in chicken/turkey broth until tender.
- Add about 3/4 pkg of Pepperidge Farms Stuffing Mix to cornbread
- When onion and celery is tender add broth and veggies to cornbread and stuffing mix.
- Grate as many eggs as you think are needed into mixture. Use large side of grater. At least 4 eggs.
- Now add chicken/turkey stock until dressing is a very thick but not dry consistancy. You want it wet enough not to dry out when you cook it.
- Add Sage (this is personal, we love sage at our house) I would start out without at least 1 tbs., then you can taste it and decide how much more to add. You can safely taste this mixture because everything in it is cooked.
- If you like moist dressing you will want to add more broth and not cook until dry. Dot with butter/margerine and cook until heated through or until it is set. You can cook until it can be cut into squares or less and it can be spooned out.