1loaf baked italian or french bread
3or more (to taste) garlic cloves, peeled, minched
1 cfresh mushrooms, preferably oyster or shiitake)
1/4 cparmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 Tbspfresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
1/4 tspor more (to taste) dried red pepper flakes
3/4 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Mushroom-Garlic Bread
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut loaf in half; place on ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- In a small bowl, combine butter with garlic, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Spread mixture evenly over bread halves.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven; top with mozzarella.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut each loaf into 8 slices.