Mediterranean Olive Bread
You can change the bread a bit by using a different type of Mediterranean olive each time you make this bread.
- 3 c
- bread flour
- 2 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- 2/3 c
- chopped greek olives (like kalamata or other greek olives)
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 1/4 c
- warm water (110°f/45°c)
- oil, for greasing pan
- all-purpose flour, for dusting pan
How to Make Mediterranean Olive Bread
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, olives, olive oil, and water until a soft dough forms. Turn dough onto a floured board, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside, and let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- 2Punch down. Knead well again, for about 5 to 10 minutes. Let rise for about 30 minutes, until it doubles in size
- 3Shape the dough into a ball and place upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured cloth. Let rise until double in size.
- 4While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 450°F (230C).
- 5Gently turn loaf out onto a flat baking sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with all-purpose flour. Bake at 450° (230°C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F (200°C), and bake for 30 minutes more, or until done.