Jalapeno Cheese Rolls
The prep time is an estimate, I did include the rising time in this. This makes 3-4 dozen rolls.
How to Make Jalapeno Cheese Rolls
- 1In a very large bowl, combine 7 cups of flour with 7 TBS of sugar, cheese, jalapenos, and salt. Mix well.
- 2In separate bowl, combine water, yeast, and remaining TBS of sugar. Let sit 10 minutes, stir until all yeast is dissolved. Add oil and mix well.
- 3Add half of liquid mixture to flour-cheese bowl, mix with hands to moisten dough as much as possible. Add remaining liquid to dough and mix until well-blended.
- 4Turn dough onto well-floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, approx. 15 min. Add only enough flour to keep it from being sticky.
- 5Turn dough into large, well-greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover and let sit in warm place until doubled in bulk (1 hour).Pinch down. Pinch off small portions, roll into balls. Arrange close together in well-greased 13X9" pan. Cover and let rise again until doubled (45-60 min.).
- 6Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake until rolls are dark brown and cooked through--1 hour. Check to make sure bottom is evenly brown and sides are springy. Transfer to rack, cool 10 minutes. Cool 1 hour before serving.