Irish Oatmeal Bread
- cooking spray or butter (to grease pan)
- 3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c
- dry oatmeal
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 large
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/3 c
- 1 Tbsp
- melted butter (optional)
How to Make Irish Oatmeal Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat together the egg, honey and milk. Pour egg mixture into the dry mixture, and mix until moistened.
- 4Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan, and brush melted butter on top (if using).
- 5Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top has formed a very lightly browed crust. Let cool a few minutes in the pan, then invert onto a wire rack to cool.