Irish Oatmeal Bread
·cooking spray or butter (to grease pan)
3 call-purpose flour
1 1/4 cdry oatmeal
1 1/2 Tbspbaking powder
1 1/3 cmilk
1 Tbspmelted butter (optional)
How to Make Irish Oatmeal Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the egg, honey and milk. Pour egg mixture into the dry mixture, and mix until moistened.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan, and brush melted butter on top (if using).
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top has formed a very lightly browed crust. Let cool a few minutes in the pan, then invert onto a wire rack to cool.