Adding the oil fat to the bater makes the cornbread light,just be careful!
How to Make Homemade Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.Pour oil,butter or margarine in a cast iron skillet.Heat in oven while mixing remaining ingredients and oven heats.
- Combine flour,cornmeal,baking powder,salt and sugar.Mix well.
- Measure milk.Add eggs in same container and beat well,add to dry ingredients.Mix.
- Carefully add hot oil to batter and mix well.Pour batter into same hot skillet.
- Bake in hot oven 20-25 mins until golden brown.