Ham and Cheddar Muffins
The recipe is good to use at holiday times and when you have company. Those times when calories aren't so important. OR when you just want to indulge. :)
Image used is public domain clip art from WP Clipart.
- 1/3 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- bisquick or equivalent baking mix
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 c
- chopped, cooked ham
How to Make Ham and Cheddar Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare 12 muffin cups by placing paper liners in them or buttering them well.
Cook onions in butter until tender. Set aside.
In a medium bowl stir together baking mix, cheese, peppers, milk, and egg, just until combined. Don't over-mix. Fold in ham and then the set aside onions.
- 2Spoon mixture into muffins cups filling each about 3/4 full.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.