Garlicky, Cheesy French Bread w/ Artichoke Hearts
This bread is stuffed with artichoke hearts, cheese, sour cream, garlic - delicious and decadent!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is wonderful with all the different cheeses, garlic and the artichokes are a nice bonus. This has a lot of garlic, but I don't think it's overpowering with all the other flavors. Toasting the pieces of French bread in butter is genius. This would be a great side dish or work as an easy appetizer. The Test Kitchen
- (1 lb.) loaf sweet french bread
- 1/2 c
- 6 clove
- fresh garlic, peeled and crushed or finely minced
- 1 and 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 2 c
- cubed monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- dried parsley leaves
- 2 tsp
- lemon pepper
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- pitted ripe olives, sliced or chopped (optional)
- green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
How to Make Garlicky, Cheesy French Bread w/ Artichoke Hearts
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut French bread in half length-wise. Place halves on aluminum foil covered baking sheet. Tear out soft inner portion of bread in large chunks, leaving crusts intact.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet and stir in garlic. Add bread chunks and saute until bread is golden and butter is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- 3Combine sour cream, Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and lemon pepper seasoning. Stir in drained artichoke hearts (cut into smaller pieces, if desired) and toasted bread mixture; mix well.
- 4Spoon into bread crust shells and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted.
If desired, sprinkle with olives and/or green onions. Enjoy!