Garlic Rosemary Focaccia
6 largegarlic cloves, halved lengthwise
2/3 colive oil
3 -1/4 ozpackages active dry yeast
2 1/4 cwater, warm
1 Tbspchopped fresh rosemary
·coarse sea salt, forsprinkling
·freshly ground black pepper, for sprinkling
How to Make Garlic Rosemary Focaccia
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine garlic & oil in very small metal pan & set on a baking sheet. Bake in lower 1/3 of oven 1 hr. Cool on rack 30 min.
- Whisk together yeast and warm water in bowl of electric mixer & let stand 5 min. 'til creamy.
- Stir 1/3 cup olive oil into yeast mixture. Whisk together 7 cups flour & salt & stir 1/2 of flour mixture into yeast mixture. Fit mixer with dough hook attachment. Add remaining flour & mix on low speed until dough pulls away from side of bowl. Add more flour if necessary. Knead on med-high 'til dough is soft & slightly sticky. Transfer to a lg. oiled bowl, turning to coat with oil. Cover & let rise in a warm place 'til doubled in bulk, about 1 hr.
- Oil a 17x11" baking pan. Gently press dough into pan. Cover w/ oiled plastic wrap & let rise about 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Poke indentations in@ 1" intervals w/ oiled fingertips. Drizzle w/ remaining garlic oil & sprinkle w/ rosemary, coarse salt and pepper. Bake in lower 1/3 of oven 'til deep golden brown on top, 25-30 min. Transfer to a rack to cool.