★★★★★ 1 vote5
- sourdough bread, or baguette
- butter, softened
- 1-2 clove
- garlic, or minced
- 1-2 Tbsp
- finely chopped chives or green onions
- 1/2-3/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan
How to Make Garlic Cheese Bread
- 1Sourdough is a must--crusty. Cut loaf in half (can cut in slices). Baguette---cut in your size slices.
I line a cookie sheet with foil, place the sliced bread on this before adding the good stuff.
- 2Soften butter (not melted). Mix with Mayonnaise, garlic, chives, and parmesan. We like a lot of this on the bread! YUM. So add as much as you like, 1/4- 1/2 inch thick. I like to sprinkle extra parmesan on top.
- 3Preheat oven to 400-450o
Put bread on foiled cookie sheet, and bake 15-20 minutes. The parmesan will brown slightly (or a lot, if you don't watch closely!) Forget the dinner when this comes out of the oven!!