☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 6 c
- flour (unsifted)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
How to Make English Muffin Bread
- 1Combine 3 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda.
- 2Heat liquids until very warm (120-130 degrees on candy thermometer). Add to dry ingredients and beat well.
- 3Stir in the rest of the flour to make a stiff flour.
- 4Spoon into two greased loaf pans that have been sprinkled with cornmeal. Sprinkle tops with cornmeal.
- 5Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- 6Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- 7Remove from pans immediately. Cool completely. Slice and toast.